How can we help?
“Turn your wounds into wisdom”
Here at Maye Angel & Associates our counselors provide individual counseling, couples counseling, family counseling, as well as child and adolescent counseling. We use different treatment approaches such as Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Emotionally-Focused (EFT), Acceptance and Commitment (ACT), Child-Parent Psychotherapy (CPP), Mindfulness-Based (MBCT), Strength-based and Positive Psychology. They all have extensive experience in the following issues:
- Anger Management
- Behavioral Issues
- Bipolar Disorder
- Blended Families
- Career Counseling
- Chronic Illness
- Chronic Impulsivity
- Peer Relationships
- Racial Identity
- Relationship Issues
- School Issues
- Self Esteem
- Sleep or Insomnia
- Maternal Mental Health
- Postpartum Depression & Anxiety
- Infant Mental Health
- Suicidal Ideation
- Trauma and PTSD
- Weight Loss
- Women’s Issues
- Coping Skills
- Domestic Abuse
- Domestic Violence
- Eating Disorders
- Emotional Disturbance
- Family Conflict
- Life Transitions
- Marital and Premarital
- Oppositional Defiance
Child + Adolescent Counseling
- Focuses on assisting the needs of young children, teens, and adolescents.
- May include talking, playing, or any other activities that helps a child express their emotions.
- Focuses on helping couples work through current issues, past problems, and any other situations.
- May learn things like better ways to communicate, coping skills, and behavioral problem to make your relationship stronger.
- Gottman Trained
- Grief counseling often helps the processing of emotions.
- Five stages of grief include:
- We offer different forms of group counseling throughout the year.
- These groups help members learn about social skills, social anxiety, self esteem, body image, confidence, coping skills, relationships.
- We use different treatment approaches such as Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Emotionally-Focused (EBT), Acceptance and Commitment (ACT), Child-Parent Psychotherapy (CPP), Mindfulness-Based (MBCT), Strength-based and Positive Psychology
- Focuses on getting rid of any fear about marriage, set realistic goals for the relationship, and learn other necessary skills to help maintain a healthy relationship.
- Also level 1 Gottman training
- Focuses on providing you with constructive ways to manage the emotional response that was caused by a traumatic event.
- Helps with experiences that may impact your mental or physical health due to past trauma.
- Focuses on helping the family work through issues and develop better ways to communicate and problem solve within the family.
- Learning skills to manage behavioral issues such as aggression and impulsivity.
- Are you having difficulties bonding with your baby?
- Are you struggling with adapting to motherhood?
- Do you feel anxious? Sad? Depressed? After becoming a new mom?